Technology has always played a role in business, but over the last decade, its importance has increased dramatically. Today, implementing the right IT solutions to your toolkit is a must for making sure that your business thrives.
But as growing market demands and the expectations of customers have caused some business leaders to create their own IT strategies, it’s important to make certain that your own IT aligns with your business strategy perfectly.
Why Proper Alignment is Vital It’s only been over the last few years that informational technology has become such a vital part of business operations. The IT sector is expected to grow by another 5% over the next year, topping $4.8 trillion in 2018. Here’s a look at why it’s so important to align your business IT and your business strategy.
- It makes compliance easier
- Reduces risks
- Ensures better products and services delivery
- Provides analytics that can be used to enhance your decision making
- Helps optimize the workflow of your entire team
- Lowers overall operating costs
- Improves productivity
- And more
In short, IT solutions are now more than just supporting tools in a business’ operations. They are a part of daily activity in most departments and will be integral for getting the most from your businesses potential.
This all probably explains why the growth for spending on IT has grown by 4.8% over just 6 years among small businesses. In short, aligning your strategy to your IT is a must for any business.
The Big Challenges
So if it’s so important, just why is it that IT is often misaligned from a company’s overall business strategy? There are several different reasons that this may be the case. Some of the main challenges include:
- Failure to properly understand the technology. Technical illiteracy can lead to management not understanding what it can do or what it is that they want.
- Blurry, poorly defined business strategy. If your business strategy isn’t totally clear, it is going to be much harder to get what you need from your IT. Having a clear overall strategy is vital.
- Failure to adjust. Another big issue is simply that some businesses or business leaders just can’t adjust when a plan runs out of steam or when hurdles are put in the way. By improving strategical agility, you’re able to get more from your IT.
Knowing about these challenges is the first step towards avoiding them. And when you’re able to avoid them, you can move your business towards a better future.
Getting The Best Results
As you can see, it’s vital to make certain your business strategy and IT efforts align properly. But that’s not always easy to do. Trusting in the pros is one of the best ways to make sure that your company gets the absolute best results possible. And for businesses, Avetta Global is here to help with that. Contact us today to get started on aligning your IT and business strategy and to experience just what it can do for your business.