Outsourcing IT support has become more practical and affordable than ever before. Standardized procedures, shared infrastructure, and massive scale have led many companies to high quality Managed Service Providers (MSPs) for their IT needs. When you look at the benefits, you may realize outsourcing is the great choice for the growth of your Los Angeles business.
The Business Benefits
1) Cost-Effectiveness. Outsourced IT is more cost effective than ever before. High-quality MSPs have developed standards and procedures that keep your systems up and running at a lower cost-per-employee. And they grow right along with your organization.
2) Skills and expertise. MSPs employ people with a wide range of technical capabilities, often attracting and retaining the best in the business. Their teams face every application and technology challenge imaginable on a daily basis, giving them a vast depth of experience that’s tough to beat.
3) Benchmarks and best practices. Large MSPs work with other companies in your industry, facing common challenges and learning how to solve them. Their relationships with software and equipment providers give them access to special resources. And since they work with clients outside of your industry, they can share the latest innovative ideas.
4) Gap fillers. Technology changes almost daily. Recruiting employees in
Los Angeles with the latest information and experience can be difficult. When in-house teams don’t possess the specific skills needed for a project, MSPs can fill in the skill gap as needed.
The Personal Benefits
5) They provide free time for innovation. Outsourcing starts as a way to reduce costs. It can quickly evolve, however, as it frees up time for the in-house team to focus efforts on deploying new and valuable technologies elsewhere.
6) They’re constantly present. Large MSPs provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. The cost to replicate this availability in-house can be staggering.
7) They allow for growth. Not only do you reduce the bottom line by outsourcing, you can free up funding that can now be used to fuel new initiatives.
8) They increase productivity. In-house teams operate in crisis mode, responding to problems quickly as they arise. MSPs anticipate and attempt to prevent problems before they occur. They keep your employees customer-focused rather than help-desk focused.
An Unexpected Business Benefit For Everyone
Some companies have concerns about how outsourcing can affect their in-house IT team, but outsourcing allows the team to focus on innovation instead of mundane tasks. IT staff can enjoy increased job satisfaction and career growth when they can shift away from routine support to more challenging projects.
MSPs can often provide additional help in unexpected ways. They are specially trained and can provide a variety of services. Some services they can handle include:
- Disaster recovery
- Security and compliance
- Workforce mobility
- Cost reduction (printing and phone)
- Big data
MSPs bring a wealth of knowledge to the table that can help protect and grow your Los Angeles business. Because some IT functions are easier to outsource than others, be sure your MSP has the knowledge and expertise to handle your specific business needs.